SJIRS started its journey in 1993 as a fully Residential School for Boys only. After the completion of 10 years in 2003-2004, it was converted into a co-educational school. After completion of 20 years in order to give an opportunity to the local student community from Chennai and Chennai Sub-urban regions to be a part of the international standard of quality education, SJIRS opened its door for Day scholars from the academic year 2013-2014. For the convenience and comfort of the Parents, SJIRS is adding Week Long Boarding concept in its Residential Life from 2016-2017.
St.John’s International Residential School (SJIRS) is one of the finest well established, well managed Residential Schools in the metropolitan city of Greater Chennai.
SJIRS had changed the very idea that Residential Schools can exist only at hill stations. It is the first school of its type which had given the right trend and the positive idea to have Residential Schools on plains, that too right in the city on its outskirts.
Our system of education in the School system is capable of nurturing young Men and Women who have the capacity to appreciate the subject as students which would help them contribute to the development of other areas of human knowledge. They will then be better equipped to ideal with the intricate problems of the society any point of time.
SJIRS believes that every human being is valuable and that each student should be given the opportunity to work towards his full potential as a member of the international community.
Day School & School Transport
SJIRS is one of the most well established, well managed CBSE schools in the metropolitan city of greater Chennai. SJIRS is a Co-educational institution. The system of co-educational school adds a lot of advantages to the families to admit their sons and daughters in the same school for giving all their children due and undivided importance.Here under one roof the students will experience all round development of value skills and abilities. Hi-profile quality education will be imparted conforming to the most stringent demands of international standards.
The school operates it’s own buses to connect the main localities of Chennai city and Chennai sub-urban towns for picking up and dropping children . Charges will be worked out on the basis of distance from the campus. The transport system is well supported by GPS Tracking Technology to ensure safety and on-time journey of the children. Pick-up/Drop points on the route can be chosen by the parents whichever point is closer to their residence. Transport Application Form to be collected from the office and filled-in for availing school transport facility. Charges to be paid term-wise along with the duly filled-in transport application form.
However availing School Transport facility is not mandatory. Parents can also make their own arrangements for students pick up and drop as per the school timings.
Week Long Boarding
- SJIRS is happy to provide the concept of Week-long Boarding from the academic year 2016-2017 beginning June 2016.
- As we understand the dayscholars coming from long distance find it difficult to schedule their timings for home work and study. Also some children want to be in the residential school, but feel homesick which affects their academic performance.
- To satisfy the needs of the parents of Chennai City longing to have their children’s study in a Residential school and week-end stay at home without missing the family fun and enjoyment, SJIRS is introducing the Week-long Boarding facility for the residents of Chennai and its’ suburban area.
- Generally School will work for 6 days per week and Saturdays will be Half-working days.
- Week-long Boarding Students can be picked from the school immediately after the Lunch around 1.30pm on Saturdays.
- Week-long Boarders should report back to school on Monday morning before 8.00 am to attend the regular classes.
- Transport arrangements to be done by the parents for pickup and drop. School management will not take the responsibility of arranging transport for week-long boarding students.
- If Saturday happens to be a Full Working Day, the students can be picked up after the school hours ie., after 3.45pm.
- Even if the parents are not able to avail out pass on weekends, Week-long boarding students are allowed to stay back.
- Changing of Status from one to other is not possible in the middle of the academic year. Such requests will be entertained and considered only in the beginning of the academic years.